1. Part design and 3D CAD file generation
2. *.stl file generation and repair
3. Supports generation
On some occasions, some judicious sacrificial structures are a good compromised or alternative to automatically or manually software-generated supports that can seriously miniise the amount of powder required for supports while maximising build success.
Given that the component will be chopped off the substrate it is usually useful to add a few 0.1mm at the base of the part to ensure dimension accuracy after cutting off the plate.
4. Slicing and repair of sliced file
5. Assigning parameters to the build
On the EOS M280, there are:
- “machine” parameters, such as layer thickness, O2 levels, substrate temperature, recoating speed, and number of skipped layers, HWI offset ,...
- “processing” parameters, such as laser power, hatching distance, scanning pattern, scanning speed, etc…
The substrate temperature, as well as machine and parameters for supports and components, are optimised during process development.